Online Parent Workshops
Sensory Processing for Parents
What is it and how can I help my child?
Are you concerned your child may be over- or under- sensitive to some sensory information (touch, smell, taste, sound, movement)? Is it affecting their ability to do their best at home and at school? Sensory Processing for Parents will help you understand your child’s sensory needs and help them to improve their daily living skills and confidence.
6 week series of online education workshops
Personalised to you and your child
One-on-one with a qualified Occupational Therapist
Today Only $480 (normally $680)
This live online personal parent workshop will equip you to become confident in helping your child manage their sensory processing challenges. Parent Workshop sessions will be conducted via Skype at a time suitable to you. Personalised resources will be supplied immediately after each session.
What you get:
- 6 x 45 min parent workshop sessions, plus 5-10 min question time (approx. 6 hours) of personal education, training and advice from registered occupational therapist, Aimee York
- Formal occupational therapy assessment of sensory processing challenges
- In depth Education about Sensory Processing Disorder and Sensory Integration, and what it means for your child
- Weekly handouts, homework and individualised resources for you and your child
- By the end of the 6 weeks, a personal home program that will help your child continue to improve beyond this parent workshop
- A summary report of recommendations and resources
- Contact with teachers and other health professionals to help your child (as necessary)
- A FREE e-booklet on Sensory Processing: “Making Sense of Sensory Behaviour: A Practical Approach at home for Parents and Carers”
- A FREE e-book on Sensory Processing: “Life Skills 4 Kids: Relaxation Skills 4 Kids” by Debbie Hopper
What you need to know:
A 50% deposit of $240 is required up front to confirm you place and preferred time slot. The remaining 50% can be paid in one lump sum of $240, or per session at $80 per session, for the remaining 3 sessions.
Missed sessions can be made up at the discretion of the therapist, however all 6 sessions must be completed within a maximum of 8 weeks.
All feedback and inquiries are to be made to email@example.com.
Call 0409 279 728 to book in now, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Bookings are essential.
About the workshop facilitator:
Aimee York, B.OccThy | Principal Occupational Therapist and Director of KinderCloud
Aimee York is the Director and Principal OT of KinderCloud. She is experienced in the assessment and intervention of children and adolescents. In particular, Aimee has a special interest area of working with children and adolescents who experience difficulties with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Global Developmental Delays, attention and behavioural difficulties, social skills, functional skills (including toileting and feeding), School Readiness and pre-school academic skills, gross motor skills, fine motor skills and sensory processing.
Occupational Therapy helps people to achieve what they want to do, need to do and have to do in a meaningful way. When working with children, Aimee looks at a child’s main roles: that is, being a family member, friend, playing, self-care and sleeping. If there is any level of concern or dysfunction in any of those areas, Aimee will provide therapy to address these areas.